RE-CHALLENGE TASKS 1: Write 10 reasons why you want to lose weight.
1. Health – I know that being overweight puts me at risk of getting sick, suffering from diseases and really hurting myself for no good reason.
2. Fitness – I want to be able to park anywhere at the supermarket and know that I can take the stairs all the way up to the 4th level without dying on them. I want to know I can go for a run and feel great afterwards. I want to be able to keep up with other people and put my body in its best possible shape.
3. Size – I want to be able to fit into regular chairs comfortably. Like those skinny girls that have room for their handbag next to them on the chair. As I am now, I fit, but its rarely comfortable. I want to be able to buy clothes anywhere. I want to be able to buy cheap clothes and keep up with current styles, not have to just buy whatever the ‘big girl’ section has to offer.
4. I want to be an example to my parents and my sisters and friends. I want them to see it can be done and it isn’t as hard as we thought. I don’t want to be viewed as the biggest/fat/ugly sister.
5. I want to prove that I care about myself, what happens to me, and show myself that I matter and that I am worthy. I want to put myself first and make the right choices because its for my best interests, and its what I really want.
6. I want to lose weight so that I can feel more confident in myself and in my position at work. I feel that I have always hidden myself away because I don’t like the way I look. I feel I could do better in my career with the confidence in seeing how I can look and feel as the best me possible.
7. I want to know more about nutrition and calories. Not only what fuels my body the best, but what to avoid. I want to learn to cook more varieties of foods that will help me in my weight loss.
8. Self defence and strength. I want to know I am capable of looking after myself in any situation. I have put off learning self defence because I don’t want to look silly being bigger.
9. Travel – I see so many advantages to being smaller when it comes to travelling. Less to pack because everything is smaller, fitting in buses/trains/planes/rides better. Needing to eat less because (normal sized portions). I’ll be fitter and healthier and able to roam around all over the place without getting super tired all the time.
10. To be myself, and allow myself to be the best me I can be. Being overweight is so restrictive, some of it is in my head but there are outside influences that crush a persons confidence and being overweight makes me an easy target. I want to be able to stand up for myself and not worry about being criticised because of my weight.